As you might have already heard, Colorado and Washington legalized marijuana by a margin of 56 percent to 44.
What is Pennsylvania waiting for?
Marijuana prohibition is becoming eerily similar to alcohol prohibition.
Authorities are waging a futile war against a widely available and popular drug. This time, we should know better. Alcohol prohibition caused such a crime wave that jails were filled to the brim, while politicians privately frequented speakeasys.
We need to stop arresting nonviolent marijuana offenders and go after the real criminals.
Close to a million people are arrested every year for marijuana, despite its decriminalized status in about 10 or 15 states. This is ridiculous, given that marijuana is a lot safer than alcohol.
There has never been a recorded death from a marijuana overdose, because it is non-toxic, unlike alcohol.
The only damage marijuana causes is to the lungs, albeit smoking is a poor delivery method for any drug.
It does not cause cancer, heart disease, or any other problems associated with alcohol. We need to eliminate the 60 percent of the drug cartels cash that reportedly comes from marijuana and use it to tackle the remaining 40 percent that comes from drugs that are actually dangerous.
It was hard enough for law enforcement to stop smuggling of marijuana when it was coming primarily from Mexico.
How are they going to stop it now when we have two massive safe havens in our backyard?
Stop delaying the inevitable and demand the decriminalization/legalization of marijuana.
Tax it, regulate it, enact strict laws for driving under the influence and keep it out of the hands of those under 21.