DUNCANSVILLE - The Blair County National Association for the Advancement of Colored People will hold its annual Freedom Fund Dinner at 6 p.m. Saturday at The Calvin House.
Tickets for the dinner are $40 per person.
Dinner choices are stuffed chicken breast, orange roughy or vegetarian.
Reservations must be made by Wednesday by calling 946-0164, 942-1126 or 944-5390.
The keynote speaker will be Altoona native Johnny Moore, who played point guard in the NBA from 1980 to 1990.
Moore was inducted into the Blair County Sports Hall of Fame in 1994.
"We would like to thank our corporate sponsors and the wonderful people of Blair County for their support," said Don Witherspoon, president of the Blair County Chapter of NAACP.
The chapter will present the following awards and scholarships at the dinner:
Retirees from Hollidaysburg Area School District:
* Superintendent Paul Gallagher, award sponsored by Walmart Distribution Center of Bedford, Huntingdon Walmart and Burgmeier's Hauling, Altoona.
* Assistant Superintendent Gary Robinson, award sponsored by Evelyn and John Shields, The Navasky Foundation and Dean Patterson.
* Principal Linda McCall, award sponsored by Benzel's Bakery and Martin Foods.
* Athletic Director Dean Rossi, award sponsored by Leonard S. Fiore Inc. and Hoss's Steak and Sea House.
Altoona Area School District Retiree:
* Superintendent Dennis Murray, award sponsored by Coca Cola Bottling Co. and Operation Our Town.
Tyrone Area School District Retiree and Superintendent of the Year:
* William Miller, award sponsored by The Bull Pen Restaurant, Best Way Pizza and Morris Management
* Community Service Award - Tristan Day, award sponsored by Blair County NAACP and Thomas Dickey Law Offices.
* Humanitarian Award - Alice Lawrence, award sponsored by Copy Rite and Wendy's of Altoona.
* Most Improved Golfer of the Year -?Christopher Curfman, award sponsored by Tom Koehle Iron Masters Golf Pro and ProCare.
* Tennis Player of the Year - District 6 Singles Champion Ashli Livermore, award sponsored by Cracker Barrel and Little Caesars.
* Johnny Moore Outstanding Basketball Player of the Year - Deshea Lee, award sponsored by Reliance Bank and The Altoona Curve.
* Football Player of the Year - Mante Barnes, award sponsored by HealthSouth and The Altoona Mirror.
n Wrestler of the Year - Four-time District VI Champion and two-time Northwest Regional Champion T.J. Brandt, award sponsored by First Commonwealth Bank and Peoples Gas Co.
* Coquese Washington Basketball Player of the Year - Penn State Altoona's Tamara Thomas, award sponsored by Sam's Club of Altoona and Altoona Walmart.
* 2013 State Champion U18 Mid State Mustangs Hockey Team, awards sponsored by Sheetz Inc. and M&T Bank of Altoona.
* Winners of the " Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Of Black History" TV Show Contest, award sponsored by Altoona Area High School and Blair County Community Action Agency. Members of the Diversity Group include Marshe Barnes, Monte Barnes, Isaiah Wansly,?Frank Musaraca, Julia Kenawell, Maria Cardoza, Derek Arnold and Megan Medley.
* Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship - Tyrone Area High School's Charles Wilson-Adams, award sponsored by Prime Sirloin Buffet East Freedom Walmart and T.G.I. Friday's.
* President Barack Obama Scholarship - Altoona Area High School's DeVaughn Brawley, award sponsored by Pepsi Cola Bottling and Altoona First Savings Bank.
* Rosa Parks Scholarship Altoona Area High School's Marshe Barnes, award sponsored by PalMino's Pizza, Courtesy Motors and NPC.
* Dr. Daniel Hale Williams Scholarship - Altoona Area High School's John Bufalini, award sponsored by US Foods and DiAndrea Media Inc.
* Thurgood Marshall Scholarship - Altoona Area High School's Madeline Bennetti, award sponsored by DeGol Carpeting and The Summit Tennis &?Athletic Club.
* W.E.B. Dubois Scholarship - Altoona Area High School's Christopher Curfman, award sponsored by McDonald's and J.C. Penney.
* Frederick Douglas Scholarship - Altoona Area High School's Nicalus Harclerode, award sponsored by Red Lobster and Olive Garden.
* Harriett Tubman Scholarship - Altoona Area High School's Alesha Shields, award sponsored by DelGrosso Foods Inc. and KFC.